Today we had the pleasure of interviewing Mr. Mammen Joel Joseph – A Event Organiser. Mr. Mammen Joel Joseph aka MJJ is a Young Zealous Entrepreneur and Founder of Standing Ovation Events. Started in 2013, Standing Ovation Events was awarded as the Best Upcoming Stage Production -2019 by Ravishing Wedding and Events. Lets Begin
Can you tell us a story about what brought you to this specific career path?
- Organizing was something which I loved since my school days. I have always been a part of organizing
- Inter-Class Competitions in School.
- When I started with College, I got into the College Committee for College Events.
- Since I’m a Hockey and Football player, we used to organize a lot of Private Tournaments.
- I’ve also been a of the Church Organizing Committee for all church programs.
- At the age of 17, I got my 1st order to Host a Wedding. And that journey just continued.
So, all of the above gave me a plan of getting into Full Time Events and being a part of the industry.
Can you share the most interesting story that happened to you since you started your career?
Décor by the Sea was always a dream event for me. We were able to fulfill it when we got a chance to do the décor at Princess Dock, Mumbai Port. Working full night by the sea with the waves and the breeze was an amazing experience. Since the event was during the day time, the overall feel was just a perfect one.
Which is your best event experience till date?
We had done an Arabian Theme Décor for a Birthday Party in Borivali (W). We actually made the whole structure out of scrap. The installation was very challenging and this was a great experience for the team as a whole.
Can you share a story about the funniest mistake you made when you were first starting? Can you tell us what lesson you learned from that?
A client had tried to cross question on the costings with regards to the other vendor prices.
It’s very important to study the market and various vendor rates available in the market. This helped me in being confident and sharing the details to the client in a more confident manner.
Which tips would you recommend to your colleagues in your industry to help them?
- Always be creative.
- Delivery good quality work.
- More than a successful event, it’s more important to maintain the goodwill of your own company.
- Always keep yourself updated and never stop learning.
Do you have a favorite “Life Lesson Quote”? Can you share a story of how that was relevant to you in your life?
“NEVER GIVE UP | NEVER LOSE HOPE | IF ONE DOOR CLOSES, THE OTHER DOORS WILL SURELY OPEN.”
This industry is always competitive. It’s very difficult to on concentrate on being creative always equal to the cost and other company competitions.
There are times we gave given up on events and various projects. There are times we were cheated by Vendors and Clients.
That’s when we always look on the above written matter and this keeps our team strong and positive.
What services do you provide?
a. Private Party Planning and Décor Execution
b. Wedding Planning and Décor Execution
c. Corporate Events Planning and Production Execution
How can our readers follow you on social media?
- Facebook – events.standingovation
- Instagram – standingovationevents
- Twitter – soeventsmumbai
- LinkedIn – standingovationevents
- YouTube – standingovationevents
- Pinterest – standingovationevents
- Google+ – standingovationevents